We’re happy to announce that Amy Hendrix, founder and creative director of Madelinetosh Yarn will visit Loop on Saturday, October 9. She’s bringing her beautiful yarn to refresh our supply and will be giving a workshop on color design and theory. The workshop is from 10 am to 12 pm and costs $25. Amy will be in the shop from 1 to 3 pm to knit with us and talk about her yarn and designs.
Color Design + Theory Workshop
$25 – Saturday, October 9 from 10 am to 12 pm
You’ll get a fun and fascinating introduction to the basic concepts of a range of theories regarding the use of color. You may think that color sense is intuitive and cannot be learned. Yet, by combining simple concepts, a smidge of history and a little fun with colored pencils you can understand and apply both historical and modern color palettes and concepts to your crafting projects.
In this class you’ll learn:
- General color theory and how light alters color perception
- The Albers color theory and the importance of understanding how colors interact with one another
- What color pairings great artists have chosen historically to create stunning palettes
- How to combine colors to generate complimentary pairings in your knitting
- How to select colors to pair with your hair, eyes and/or complexions
- How to include bright colorways in your knitting in ways you will actually wear
- Warm vs cool color relationships, how to balance them and why
- The beauty of analogous color schemes, creating subtle color palettes with depth and definition
- How to create modern color palettes, and what modern artists practice often but never say
Supplies: Please bring a set of colored pencils or pastels and gridded paper as well as a pen/pencil for notes!
There is no knitting in this class, so invite your non-knitting friends who love color to join you. Call 215-893-9939 to reserve your space today!